RE: An anthropological exploration of why decentralization

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:39:25 -0700

At 10:59 AM 8/16/99 -0700, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

>The second odd thing about the beer discussion is
>that Diamond characterizes the German breweries
>as isolated instead of decentralized, even though
>the breweries can taste each other's beer and
>even though there must, over time, be exchange
>of information and employees between the breweries.
>(Otherwise, how is it that great beer is made
>all across Germany?) Unfortunately, I don't know
>enough German beer history to fully support my
>counterargument.

This sounds like the beginnings for the Mother of all research proposals.
Perhaps someone on the list can fill out a grant proposal to fund a FoRK
directed study on German beer quality :-)

Log Entry - Day #12

After imbibing my 8th test stein since lunch I have come to the conclusion
that German beer causes a loss of sensation in the lower extremeties.

Dave

---
David Crook - davec@commwerks.com
CommWerks - Industrial Strength Internet Solutions