Re: AOLserver goes open source

Sally Khudairi (sk@zotgroup.com)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:55:14 -0400

News.com approached us for the official Apache Software
Foundation position on the AOLServer 3.0. As it turns out,
it seems that Apache continues to position the bar...

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,0-38969,00.html

> Next to Linux, Apache is probably the most successful
> example of open-source software.

And kudos to ASF Chairman Roy Fielding for reuse of Martha
Stewart's favorite statement ;-)

> Open-source advocates applauded AOL's move.
> "It's a good thing," said Roy Fielding, chairman of
> another open-source Web server project, the Apache
> Software Foundation.

I agree that it's a terrible shame that Navi/GNN/AOL/*Press
remains in the closet. A truly fantastic product; I use it
for all my authoring.

- S