Re: Yet another mailing list flame

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 07:39:20 -0400 (EDT)

Dan Kohn writes:
> Just a reminder from a old FoRK that the preferred email address for
> FoRK postings is fork@kragen.dnaco.net.

Well, *I* prefer it, but I don't really care whether anybody else uses
it or not. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is "the preferred email
address for FoRK postings".

FWIW, it's still forwarding to fork@xent.ics.uci.edu, and at Rohit's
request, errors are going to fork-error@xent.ics.uci.edu.

There's also fork-noarchive@kragen.dnaco.net.

> Hosting a list in 1999 by using Sendmail aliases [complaint
> complaint] results in [complaint] error
> messages going to people who can't possibly do anything about them.

Quite true.

According to my medieval text in the seventh century a finalizer raised a
dead object named Gorth who infected every computer in Cappidocia ending
Roman rule in the region.  -- Charles Fiterman on gclist@iecc.com