Re: [Slate] American Religious fervor, by the numbers

Tim Byars (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 17:30:39 -0700

At 05:18 PM 7/1/99, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
>Tim Byars wrote:
>
>> The problem with the Satan myth is you can't show my one example in nature
>> of evil. So this horrible force is either too stupid, or dysfunctional to
>> use our environment against us in this battle.
>
>As far as I can think of, the single most evil thing in nature is us.

Exactly my point. No evil can be shown anywhere in the universe except as
done by humans. So the Satan argument to me doesn't hold water. The King of
Evil, Master of the Undead, Dark Force, these are all archetypical human
beliefs.

Tim

--
I would never try to do production work on it;
That is like trying to perform brain surgery with garden tools.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <> icq 3446996