Re: bill sux

Jesse (jrvincent@wesleyan.edu)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:29:08 -0400

On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 08:45:29AM -0700, Tim Byars wrote:

> Time Magazine reports an interesting case of
> high-tech graffiti. It seems that a couple of Intel
> engineers working on the design of a recent version
> of the Pentium microprocessor included a message
> that describes their feelings about Bill Gates,
> president of Microsoft, a good corporate pal of
> Intel's.
*snip*

It's very cute, but appears to be a hoax. About a half-dozen
of my friends and cow-orkers have gone and tried to verify
this by searching through recent issues of Time. And failed.
The version of this I saw yesterday had an "API" byline. Which is a
really cute mingling of The Associated Press's "AP" and The
United Press International's "UPI". Though it does look like
a half-decent photoshop job.

Jesse

--
jesse reed vincent -- jrvincent@wesleyan.edu -- jesse@fsck.com