Re: From MSNB--Jobs in the spotlight

Mark Baker (markb@mrburns.iosphere.net)
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:44:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, spunkanado wrote:
> Now the Applesoft deal is not like this little scenerio much at all, but
> its been a long day and its all i could come up with, so shadaup.

It's more like Steve was offered a finger, not a rope, and the guy at the
other end of it was screaming, "Pull it, pull it!".

I think we all know how that scenarios plays out. 8-(

> Jobs did good on this one, better than anyone would have guessed who wasnt
> sitting on an inside track. For the last 12 years Apple has been on the
> long ride down the poopey shoots from its perch on geekolypia. Now maybe
> the cycle can finaly get back on the upslide.

But at what cost?

MB

--
Mark Baker, Ottawa Ontario CANADA.                Java, CORBA, OpenDoc, Beans
distobj@acm.org mbaker@nortel.ca               http://www.iosphere.net/~markb

Too many dinosaurs, too few meteors - Seyma Atik