Exemptions

Ron Resnick (resnick@actcom.co.il)
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:01:00 +0300 (EET DST)

Brian A. LaMacchia wrote:
>--bal
>"The Exemption's brother"
>
>P.S. Don't you love how a carefully-crafted balance, made by Congress over
>a couple hundred years, now becomes "an exemption"?

Yeah, I was wondering about that.
Occam got a Razor. Newton got some Laws. Heisenberg got an Uncertainty
Principle. Judge Stearns got a Decision. LaMacchia got an Exemption.
And all I got was this lousy tee-shirt.

Ron.
---------
Ron Resnick IBM: ron_resnick@vnet.ibm.com
IBM Haifa Research Lab HRL world: resnick@interlog.com
MATAM 31905 Haifa, Israel http://www.interlog.com/~resnick/ron.html
Tel: 972-4-829-6491

Good solutions to very broad problems should not have simple, short,
uniform answers like "use our product X -- it's perfect". The answer
should seem simple because it reflects the structure of the problem,
but the solution should also have broad structure with as much fractal
nature as the problem, or otherwise there won't be a good fit everywhere.
-- David McCusker