From: tkishore@mars.superlink.net

Subject: Definitions

Blamestorming - sitting around in a group discussing why a

deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible

Body Nazis - hard-core exercise and weight-lifting fanatics who

look down on anyone who doesn't work out obsessively

Chainsaw consultant - an outside expert brought in to reduce the

employee headcount, leaving the top brass with clean hands

Cube farm - an office filled with cubicles

Ego surfing - scanning the Net, databases, print media, and so

on, looking for references to one's own name

Elvis year - the peak year of something's popularity-Barney the

dinosaur's Elvis year was 1993.

404 - someone who is clueless, from the World Wide Web error

message "404 Not Found", meaning the requested document couldn't

be located- "Don't bother asking him, he's 404."

Idea hamsters - people who always seem to have their idea

generators running

Mouse potato - the on-line generation's answer to the couch

potato

Ohnosecond - that minuscule fraction of time in which you realize

you've just made a big mistake

Prairie dogging - something loud happens in a cube farm, and

people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on

SITCOM - stands for Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive

Mortgage

Stress puppy - a person who thrives on being stressed-out and

whiny

Tourists - those who take training classes just to take a

vacation from their jobs-"We had three serious students in the

class; the rest were tourists."

Uninstalled - euphemism for being fired

Xerox subsidy - euphemism for swiping free photocopies from a

workplace

---------- End Forwarded message ----------</fontfamily>