Re: request to join FoRK

Fawn404@aol.com
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 03:06:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 7/30/97 9:29:21 PM, tbyars@earthlink.net (CobraBoy!)
wrote:

>Kevin Curran around 11:53 AM -0700 on 7/30/97, brainstormed and came up
>with this:
>
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> I am familiar with you from the Dist-Obj mailing list of which I am a
member.

>> Basically I wish to join FoRK.
>>
>> I am a first year PhD student in the University of Coleraine, N. Ireland.
>>I am
>> researching the area of heterogeneous real-time interoperability. I
consume
>> things concerning distributed objects, WWW and Java for my research. I
>>still am
>> looking for a thesis topic. Please amaze me and respond with one!
>>
>> In my personal life, I am a believer in Jesus Christ for over 5 years. He
is
>> central to my life and I was pleasantly surprized to see scripture
>>references
>> in the FoRK FAQ. Strange and wonderful. Surreal even as one read.
>>
>> My homepage may clarify things greater.
>>
>> Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.
>>
>> Kevin Curran
>

>I'm sorry I thought Kevin Curran was a world class surfer.
>
>Nice try Kevin.
>
>Tim from HB (IE: Surfcity USA)

I meant to warn you earlier, Kevin...beware of Cobra Boy. 97% of the time,
things are pretty safe and normal around here, but there's that 3% of the
time that Cobra Boy gets a little out of control such as badgering other
FoRKers, picking on newbies and telling tall (but true) tales of his social
"outings". (ok, I'm guilty of that, too.) But if you think you can hack the
3%, welcome.