From: Dan Kohn <<dan@teledesic.com>

To: "'DW_Online_Order@dell.com'" <<DW_Online_Order@dell.com>

Cc: "'Fork'" <<FoRK@pest.w3.org>

Subject: RE: Your Dellware Online Order

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:32:08 -0700

This order is NOT correct. On the final page, the shipping zip code

should have been 29482, not 98033. 98033 is the billing zip code. I

entered this correctly but you have an error in your checkout scripts

which appear appears to replace the shipping zip code with billing zip

code.

Further, your DellWare catalog has a ways to go in ease of use of

on-line shopping. It does not seem unreasonable that if I am going to

be spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on your online catalog,

that you could offer more than a one-line description of the product. I

understand that you are one of the pioneers of online commerce and have

been working on improving the shopping experience when buying a full

bundled computer. But when buying a monitor or keyboard, it would be

nice to get more than just a list of the 70 items you have available

without any descriptive information to make an informed purchase. Since

your telephone salespeople have been trained to provide more helpful

purchasing suggestions, I assume you have the information necessary to

allow an informed online purchase, and I hope you will be adding this

sort of functionality soon.

In the meantime, please call me at 425-602-6222 to confirm that you have

the correct shipping information on this order.

- dan