Re: Fw: sign up.... (Geek factor 9)

Ron Resnick (resnick@interlog.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:01:49 +0200

"Joseph S. Barrera III" wrote:

> Do you know PL/I? I think the world is ready for PL/I++, with classes
> definied entirely through based pointers, and templates implemented through
> several levels of LITERALLY definitions. Just think -- finally, an
> object-oriented language for REAL men.
>
> - Joe

Since you insist, Joe, here's CORBA bindings for PL/I. *Next* time
don't go complaining, or you might actually get what ask for.... Ron.

I43-I> IONA Announces Availability of Orbix PL/I

IONA has recently announced its new Orbix PL/I Pre - Release Program
for OS/390 & OS/390 Unix Systems Services. The program has been
specifically designed for the Enterprise user who wants to integrate
PL/I legacy applications with the rest of the IT world. As a result,
IONA is extending its OS/390 product line to provide PL/I
bindings for its Orbix products. Credit Suisse, an existing IONA
customer, has been instrumental in the development of Orbix PL/I from
the initial development phase. Orbix PL/I allows the integration of key
mainframe based resources with other corporate computing systems -
regardless of platform, language or operating system.

To find out more about the program, please e-mail pli@iona.com

Or visit:
http://www.iona.com/products/orbix/orbixformvs/