Re: The Millennium Conundrum.

Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:47:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Jay Thomas wrote:
> Kragen Sitaker wrote:
> > This reminds me of a comment someone I care greatly about once
> > uttered. He complained that the same people who were against abortion
> > were in favor of the death penalty.
>
> All a matter of perspective son. One could say the other side favors
> murdering the innocent & sparing vicious criminals. Not exacly a
> sympathetic position to take :)

The point is that people are prone to incorrectly stereotype people
they disagree with . . .

> I find it funny that the ones who yell for the right to kill human
> babies are the same ones screaming at me for eating a lamb, wearing a
> rabbit, or taking a vaccine tested on monkeys. One must have
> priorities.

. . . as you have just beautifully illustrated. :)

A good conversation and even lengthy and heated conversations are probably
some of the most important pointful things I can think of.  They are the
antithesis of pointlessness!  -- Matt O'Connor <matthew@anti-earth.org>