RE: MOSR pm MOSX

Michael.Orr@Design-Intelligence.com
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:39:44 -0800

In the early days of airport security scans, I'm going through with a
colleague -- as his briefcase is going through the scanner, the official
barks out, "What's that?"

He looks: "Oh, it's an X-Acto knife."

"KNIFE!!?"

"NO! NO! I mean it's a tool I use for making presentation charts!"

"Oh, okay..."

I'm not making this up. I think it may have gotten less discretionary
since then. I thought the only esthetically proper sequel to this would
have been for him to hold it against somebody's throat and hijack the
plane, but he wouldn't do it. Some friend.

Regards,
Mike