Re: MOSR pm MOSX

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:09:33 -0500 (EST)

Robert Harley writes:
> Yup. I expect them to add knives soon. I mean, you might *claim* you
> want one to cut your Christmas turkey, but perhaps you actually intend
> to murder some honest God-fearing American citizens! However assault
> rifles are presumably OK.

Actually I remember hearing about a really nasty story of someone
already running up against this sort of thing --- the grandmother of a
friend (if I recall correctly) packed a carving knife in her luggage,
and wound up getting detained by airport security.

My apologies for not necessarily being straight on all the details,
here, though; I heard this particular story in the playground at my
elementary school...

rst