Re: Objective Heresy

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Tue, 03 Feb 1998 13:33:47 -0500

MB> customers will come. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll
MB> never be a millionaire simply because I can't bring myself to give
MB> people what they want - I *need* to give them what they need.
MB> Anything less is selling out.

I can concur with this... Seems like there's a certain niche wherein
you could probably a fair bit of money, but you'd hate yourself for
doing it. :-)

MB> I realized that fairly late in the game - 1994 - but I got the
MB> hell out of Unix/C/RDBMS as soon as I could.

Okay, now you're scaring me. I'm not an RDBMS person, but I consider
myself to fall into the Unix/C camp... Well, Unix/C and the usual host
of scripting languages. I'm with David where "objects" are concerned...
I've never quite understood the lure. So if I don't jump on the
"object" bandwagon (at some level), my only alternative, long-term, is
to write apps for Win95/NT-wielding machines? Ouch.

John

--
John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><