FoRK classic: Lyrics to "I Kissed a Girl".

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 01:37:08 -0800

behemoth@alumni.caltech.edu (Bryce Elliott) writes:
> [...] they played a song whose artist I don't
> remember, but I hadn't heard of her before (I don't follow the current
> music scene real closely, so that doesn't prove anything). The name of the
> song was, as the title of my article might suggest, _I kissed a girl_.

I kissed a girl too. It was pretty cool! Huh, huh. Girls rule! Yeah!
We need a girl who doesn't suck. Wait a minute, that's not what i mean.

Am i buggin' you? Don't mean to bug ya.

Anyhow, welcome to planet Earth. The song is by Jill Sobule, from the
album "Jill Sobule" (you can also find it on "the album network's
virtuallyalternative 54"). It goes a little somethin' like this:

Jenny came over and told me about Brad
"He's such a hairy behemoth", she said.
"Dumb as a box of hammers
But he's such a handsome guy".

And I opened up and I told her about Larry.
And yesterday how he asked me to marry.
And I'm not giving him an answer yet
I think ??? [indeciperable -- ed]

So we laughed, compared notes.
We had a drink, we had a smoke.
She took off her overcoat.
I kissed a girl,
I kissed a girl.

She called home to say she'd be late.
He said he worried but now he feels safe.
"I glad you're with your girlfriend.
Tell her 'Hi' for me".

And then I looked at Julia
And ??? in your eyes
But it only lasted a little while.
Then I felt your hand above my knee.

And we laughed at the world.
They can have their diamonds
And we'll have our pearls.
I kissed a girl,
I kissed a girl.

Kissed a girl,
Her lips were sweet.
She was just like kissing me.

Kissed a girl,
Won't change the world
But I'm so glad
I kissed a girl.

And we laughed at the world.
They can have their diamonds
And we'll have our pearls.
I kissed a girl
For the first time.
I kissed a girl
(and I may do it again).
I kissed a girl,
I kissed a girl.

I kissed a girl,
Her lips were sleek.
She was just like kissing me.
But then... I kissed a girl.

Kissed a girl,
Won't change the world
But I'm so glad I
Kissed a girl
For the first time.
I kissed a girl,
Kissed a girl.

OK Edge, play the Blues.

When i was about 10 a girl called Siobhan said to me "Ask me to kiss
you" so i did. Then she replied "No!" and told the other girls in our
class so they laughed at me all the time...

She had a brilliant future,
I have a past.
I have my memories
But they're fading fast.

Damn. I remain,
Rob.
.-. robert@vlsi.cs.caltech.edu .-.
`-' Could life possibly suck any more? `-'