Re: Clinton

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@gambetta.ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:17:19 -0800

Ah, you just made me think of another take. Wild speculation
by the media leads Starr's investigation on a wild goose chase
that leads to multiple witnesses retracting their unofficial
comments to the media when brought under the scrutiny of
legal procedure and Kenny boy gets caught holding the
embarrassment, slinks off to Pepperdine with his tail
between his legs which was the intent all along.

> CobraBoy writes:
>
> Thank god someone finally noticed this other than me. Is everybody such a
> fuckin' idiot they don't know the difference between Civil and Criminal.

Not to go back, but I can't help but feel I'm being indirectly flamed
here, so let me just refine my poorly worded initial post:

Usually they (judge/judiciary) will suspend a civil investigation
pending the outcome of a more serious criminal investigation because
the loss of liberty is of much greater value than the loss
of money and thus takes priority.

The whole television owning, OJ watching world knows the difference.
I think there's something magical that happens to the press corps
when they hear 'tapes' and 'coverup' in the same sentence, it's like
a little tinkerbell waking them out of their apathy.

Greg

Does anyone know if a US Secret Service Agent can testify against
his protectee? Aren't they legally bound to be neutral in all
aspects like this to preserve the confidence? Dallas news is reporting
they don't need Lewinsky's testimony to confirm the affair.