FaQs can be disinfected by sunshine laws, too...

Rohit Khare (rohit@bordeaux.ICS.uci.edu)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:03:15 -0800

OK, I admit, I wasn't going to repost it until I noticed the UCI address :-)

Rohit

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:42:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Dan Tsang <dtsang@sun1.lib.uci.edu>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject: CIA changes Web FAQ: concedes spying on Americans

Last month, the CIA had to change its Web FAQ page because of my case,
Tsang v. CIA, which was settled when the CIA promised not to spy on me
again. But it refused to make the same promise to cover other Americans.
The original FAQ page had said "No" to a question whether or not it spies
on Americans. Now it concedes it spies on Americans. The new CIA FAQ is
at: http://www.odci.gov/cia/public_affairs/faq.html

See my account in Sunday's (Jan. 18) Los Angeles Times Opinion page:
A CIA Target at Home in America. It can be found at:

http://www.latimes.com/sbin/my_iarecord.pl?NS-doc-path=/httpd/docs/HOME/NEWS/
OPINION/t000005584.html&NS-doc-offset=1&NS-collection=DailyNews&NS-search-set=/
var/tmp/34c3e/aaaa001wBc3eacf&

Daniel C. Tsang
Bibliographer for Asian American Studies
& Social Sciences (Economics, Politics)
Machine-Readable Data Files Librarian
Lecturer, School of Social Sciences
380 Main Library
University of California
PO Box 19557
Irvine CA 92623-9557
USA

dtsang@uci.edu
(714) 824-4978
(714) 824-5740 fax
homepage: http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~dtsang
add suffix for news: /netnews1.htm
politics: /pol.htm
economics: /econ.htm
asian american studies: /aas.htm
soc sci data archives: /ssda.htm
public opinion: /pod.htm
AWARE: awarefs/htm
host, "Subversity" on KUCI, 88.9 FM in Orange County
each Tuesday from 5-6 p.m.; selected shows w/ audio online:
http://www.kuci.uci.edu/~dtsang/subversity
N.B.: This is NOT official University of California correspondence.