Re: TBTF for 1/12/98: Immune response

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:33:13 -0800

Joachim Feise wrote:

> > Heh, heh.
> >
> > Note that Red Hat 5.0 came out on December 1st.
> >
> > Note also that in the Linux Counter's survey (23000 responses)
> > 3.68% reported their source as a Red Hat CD whereas, for instance,
> > 41.05% (including me) installed by ftp.
> >
> Red Hat is for wimps (and Newbies).
> Real hackers use Slackware (not that I mean to brag...)
>
> -Joe

Actually slackware is for people who enjoy manually compiling software.
I have better things to do with my time. The redhat package
installation system is sweet. And of course you need to be running
afterstep as your windowmanager, none of that psuedo win95 fvwm
windowmanager crap.

Dave "Where do you want to go, toady" Crook

--
David Crook
Programmer/Analyst