Welcome to the Class of '98

Rohit Khare (rohit@bordeaux.ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:05:38 -0800

Hey, it's a new year, it's time for some new blood on the dance floor.
Welcome to a few new faces on FoRK. Now, if only someone would join
because I met them in person, handed them my card, and fell madly in
love with my ego... instead, we have the miracle of AltaVista to
blam^H^H^H^H thank for our new guests...

------- Forwarded Message
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 16:14:44 +0100
From: Michele MICHELOTTO <Michelotto@cern.ch>
To: fork-request@xent.ics.uci.edu
Subject: subscribe

Hello I would like to
subscribe
to FoRK
I'm 34 years old, physicist but computed addicted
and play volleyball.

------- End of Forwarded Message

Michele, welcome aboard. You wouldn't happen to have a bootleg CD of the
CERNettes, would you? [It's a CERN band, including some of the physicists'
wives on the tracks and, ahem, cover art -- Tim Berners-Lee had a copy, but
just one]. Any tips on really offbeat stuff to see in Zurich or Basel for
our trip this weekend?

PS. As for volleyball, the buff in the extended-family
is Dan Connolly, who I'm sure is still dying to release a <SMASH> tag...
come to think of it, Wayne, can you think of a few particle physicists who
might co-sponsor this bill?

PPS. Mega-apologies for the delay in processing. I maintain this list manually,
and as you can see from the archives, I haven't been in LA much these last six
weeks.

-------

True, we already welcomed Dave from commWerks, but I want to know, what's up
with shortbus.com ? We need to add to the bad habit database, dude...