Will Spiritual Robots Replace Humanity by 2100? -- Conference notes + thoughts

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 21:20:24 PDT

1) Please don't use HTML in your mail and set line length to ~72 chars/line
2) You should have advertised it to the list. I was there, and would
   have loved to meet FoRKers in meatspace.

Carey Lening writes:

> I have to admit, it was a bitch and a half to get into the
conference. Once it hit Slashdot, the factor really did set in.
There was well near 600 people in the panel room, with a overflow room
of 100 or more sitting down the hall. Ryan and I barely eeked out a
seat, but through some clever finangling on his part, we were able to
see the discussion up close. It was -well- worth it. I was glad we
made the drive (all 7 hours) and slept in the car to go.