Re: All about the Web

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 14:35:27 PST

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> > IBM's message today is that the operating system wars are
> > irrelevant, too. It's all about the Web.
>
> http://www.wideopen.com/reprint/660.html
>
> IBM's chief XML/Java evagelist Simon Phipps talks about Web and how
> we're only 3-5 years into a 20 year change cycle. I'd love to see how many
> companies are around that long.

Wow, Phipps better be careful having that much clue in a company as big
as IBM. If he does eventually get it they will chain him in the basement
and give him a plate of fish heads once a day.

We should start a FoRK pool for when he bails to a startup. :)

But if IBM really does join those of us that realized years ago that the
OS and hardware are irrelivant, then there is some tiny hope for them
yet, despite themselves and Java.

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/