Slashdot: Netpliance "slamming" customers with unwanted fees

From: B.K. DeLong (bkdelong@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 14:27:39 PST

Hey-

This just in from Slashdot:

Features: Is Netpliance Slamming Customers?

Posted by timothy on Monday March 27, @05:22PM
from the even-finer-print dept.
visionik writes: "Today I received a charge on my credit card for
Netpliance i-opener service, even though I called them prior to ordering
and verified that monthly service charges would not be put on that card.
According to Netpliance, they will be charging monthly service on the cards
of everyone who ordered an i-opener since March 1st, even though their Web
site and support people indicated otherwise. I'm contesting the charges
immediately, but thought this should be brought to the attention of
everyone else who ordered an i-opener directly from Netpliance." visionik
kept a small diary of his dealings with Netpliance.
http://slashdot.org/features/00/03/27/0126244.shtml

--
B.K. DeLong
Research Lead