Robin Hanson on economic growth in exponential modes

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 20:32:31 PST

Eirikur Hallgrimsson writes:

> All in all, this has something to say to the New Economy. It
> predicts that there will be one and that its growth rate will be
> exponentially different from the old economy.

I think Robin is looking very hard trying to see signs of Singularity
(name coined by Vernor Vinge) today, in his area of expertise,
economics.

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~phoenix/vinge/vinge-sing.html
http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Global/Singularity/
http://singularity.posthuman.com/
&c&c&c

Me, I'm more teaming up with Rimpinths of this world. This bubble is
the size of Texas. We're not nearly in the development stage where the
means of production can autoamplify on short time scale using modest
resources. In fact, in the bubble phase as a venture capital attractor
draining resources from biomed/nano sector, and during postbubble
acting as persisting disrupter of faith in all things technological,
the current craze will be probably doubly disruptive. Ack.