Priceline - Y=0

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 09:40:10 PST

Has anyone checked if these people took the IPO money and disappeared to
Brazil? I suspect they have.

Mkt Cap: 13.398B
Earn/share: -1.43

I've been trying to get out to philadelphia mid-week in april to speak,
so I'm on a fixed travel budget. Thanks to Mr. Opec, priceline seemed
like a reasonable way to make that work.

Enter my info, save the web page that says email is on the way, and wait
for the email saying what happened. Only their email server is rather
broken, my end has a few of the "priceline connected but didn't have
anything to say" messages in the log... I happened to save my order
number, no big deal right? Wrong, the gerbil stopped running in it's
wheel and they are having problems with the system...

No big deal, maybe they are doing maintenance, but the sun is up... hmmm

OK, finally get threw, wasn't enough $, so I try to up the offer, but
you cant just up the offer, have to change the travel dates in order to
up the price... odd logic, so start another order. system detects order
duplicate and rejects it - without an email of course. I did find a
way to trick it and up the price, but no luck ...

Someone wanna explain to me how you're supposed to make money being a
middleman [which the market considers damage] selling stuff below cost
anyway?

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/