[With a domain like mad.scientist, you know it has to be good! -- RK]

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 16:15:03 PST

A few words about me? Yes, there do some to be a few words at hand.

Eirikur Hallgrimsson (The name is Icelandic, and the -ur ending tells
you that I'm male, and there's only one of me being discussed at the
moment.) It's the same indoeuropean deal as the -us seen in a lot of
Latin men's names, Marcus, Julius, etc. Me, I'm from the Boston area and
only speak a few words of the language.

A long time ago, before TCP/IP even, procep@ai and eirikur@dec.
Long-time digit.
I've long been playing with and discussing strange and unusual
human/computer interfacing.

Retired revolutionary. Belatedly decided in my twenties that other
people are entitled to the reality that they create or adopt.

Tech investor and supporting myself that way.

Philosopher, of the ontological and epistemological sort. Been known to
dabble beyond.

Composer...you can hear some of my stuff on the Team-Metlay album
"Ballistic." http://www.atomiccity.com/page13.html

Electronic Music and synthesizer pundit. Alesis' new machine is real
analog!
I'm giving it a pretty good chance of never shipping. Csound is more my
speed these
days.

Novelist, which is visible only in wordsmithed postings, since my stuff
hasn't sold.

Free Software person running dual-head X on this SMP Linux box.
Relieved that I don't have to try to write an operating system; Linux
is good enough.

I don't actually like the sound of my voice all that much, so I'm
uncomfortable now.