Re: Zaplets & Firedrops

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:56:39 PST

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> http://zaplet.zaplet.com/index.jsp
> Firedrop announces 'zaplets', a new mechanism
> for combining email with the Web to do instant messaging.
> They seem to support a Java applet through email as a
> collaborative tool.

Sounds nothing at all like web message board technology. not at all.
But it's got Java, so it must be hot hot hot!

Too bad the site just went down down down while I was snooping around.

> p.p.s. Dan has to pay me royalties; his African outsourcing
> idea sounds like the idea Bezos and I patented a couple years ago
> after the Wired article on seniors and retirees being the
> fastest growing segment on the Internet and we were going to
> hire them all to do distributed.net spell checking. 8-)

*ahem* and where is my cut?

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/