RE: what version of emacs does gosling use today?

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 13:38:29 PST

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:

> 1. A Java version of TECO... that's a very very sick thought. I like it. :-)

OK, I give up, how many layers of emulation/translation/interpretation
would that involve? The mind boggles at the needless death of cycles.

> 3. Theological question: is it okay to pray for the stock price to stay
> high, when one already has way too much money? (Serious question, and for
> now, I don't -- I try not to be obnoxiously selfish in my prayers...)

Yes. As organic life you have no choice. Greed is spelled out in the
G-A-C-T of life. Until you're the alpha with all the mates, then you can
relax ever so briefly. I wonder how many Objectivists are on this
list... hmmm... Who is John Galt?

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/