what version of emacs does gosling use today?

From: anselm@realnames.com
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 10:10:54 PST

Joseph S. Barrera III writes:
> Does he use GNU Emacs, Unix Emacs (his)... vi... what?
>
> Does anyone know?
>
> While we're on the topic, has anyone done a Java version of emacs?

Try ftp://koala.inria.fr/pub/abs/java-emacs.tar.gz

This is something I wrote a very long time ago and never publicized
(you'll understand why if you try it ;-). The basic idea was to redo
emacs in such a way that wherever you can type in lisp statements in
the current emacs, you would be able to type in java statements...

If you're lucky, you may be able to see:
- undo working,
- awt objects within a buffer
- macros
- font lock modes (at least for C/java as far as I remember).

Anselm.