Re: In Praise of Communism

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 11:57:39 PST

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, John Boyer wrote:
> Whoever said that a picture is worth a thousand words hasn't seen my
> photography. But, my pictures are worth at least a couple of words each.
> And since those that know me can testify that the sum of those comments
> will reflect negatively on the government of the host country, I have
> decided to begin my task by trying to recall all those things that I
> actually like about Communism, Vietnamese style.
>
> 1) The place makes me feel not just rich, but dirty stinking rich.
There's no money.

> 2) The place makes me feel divinely blessed.
There's no religion.

> 3) If you ignore bribery, pick pocketing, and prostitution, there is
> almost no crime.
There's nobody left to commit these crimes.

All in all, more human being had been killed or allowed to die by
human decision than ever before in history. Current historian estimates
put it at approximately 187 million.

At 02:14 AM 2/27/00 -0500, Dug Song wrote:
> "save the gooks" and all that, right?

Nah, we'll just teach them capitalism and let them save themselves.

Greg

--
Greg Bolcer
email: gbolcer@endtech.com