Re: Microsoft's Genius

From: John Klassa (klassa@mail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 11:22:32 PST

>>>>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, "Grlygrl201" == Grlygrl201@aol.com wrote:

  +> NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates, the
  +> world's richest man, has bought an 8% stake in Newport News
  +> Shipbuilding, which supplies aircraft carriers and submarines to
  +> the U.S. Navy.

  +> The purchase, disclosed Friday in forms filed with the Securities
  +> and Exchange Commission, is worth $68.9 million at current stock
  +> prices and makes Gates one of the shipyard's two top stockholders.

  +> The shipyard, based in Newport News, Va., employs about 17,300
  +> people. It is the nation's only builder of nuclear-powered
  +> aircraft carriers, which year the shipyard earned $97 million.

More small-world syndrome. That's more or less my home town, and I have
friends that work there... Interesting. :-)

--
John Klassa / klassa@mail.com