Re: taking a Napster

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 15:12:24 PST

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, v - Mark Kuharich wrote:

> Indiana University banned Napster because the students were using half of
> its bandwidth using this application
> Students then organize a petition against censorship

I love the student logic...

1. Bring the university network to a crawl with music piracy, stopping
   any student and research activity.
2. Cry foul - "How dare you stop our crime network!"
3. Claim it's a 1st ammendment issue.

If I was the dean, I'd just save time and expel them for "overwelming
evidence of terminal stupidity".

*shakes head*

- Adam L. Beberg
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/