RE: FW: Document Action: HTTP Over TLS to Informational

From: Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:10:21 PST

I don't know for sure, but I'll guess that the lack of implementations, and
the lack of intentions to implement, factored heavily in their decision. Of
course, being Informational isn't the kiss of death -- even in its heyday,
the Gopher protocol was only informational, and HTTP/1.0 was only
informational too.

- Jim