Re: Why is half the list not getting mail?

From: Gerald Oskoboiny (gerald@impressive.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 12:54:12 PST

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 11:37:35AM -0800, Rohit Khare wrote:
> xent (128.195.21.213) isn't on the MAPS realtime black hole list, yet
> over a half-dozen folks have complained to me that they're not
> receiving fork by mail, and there's no sign of any errors here at
> FoRK HQ.
>
> Diagnostic advice?

The other day after setting up my own FoRK ripoff [1] I was
feeling snoopy so I telnetted to xent's SMTP port and expn'd the
dist list, and was surprised to find only 29 entries instead of
the 100-or-so that I expected.

[1] http://impressive.net/people/gerald/1999/12/fogo/

So it seems like most of the dist list got nuked somehow,
or maybe one of the entries is confusing sendmail; the
last one in the list I got is <khare@alumni.caltech.edu>.)

--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@impressive.net>
http://impressive.net/people/gerald/