Re: private school & taxes

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endTECH.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 20:53:23 PST

Cynthia Dale wrote:

> I know that one thing you can do is put 2000 a year in an educational IRA
> taxfree. At least, you can do it for kids who're going to college. You
> should check it out. It's not much, but it'll help.

Hey! Or you can join the Amazon insanity. Jeff Bezos spinning from his
man of the year and status says that Amazon has turned the corner and their
company will finally go no deeper into debt. This news was announced in a conference
call to their investors after market hours yesterday. Amazon stock was up over $14 today
on the promise that in y2k1 they many actually turn a profit. So why stop there?
If I were him, I'd announce a new corporate plan to take over all of e-commerce.
Let the world's most successful e-commerce site take over your business's e-commerce.
If I were Amazon, I'd make damn sure I'd never turn a profit this century. It's
all virtual funny money tied into their virtual stock value. I'd buy everything
just by dilluting the hell out of the stock going for a corner on the whole
e-commerce space. Acquisition mode, here I come:

Start off in the Corporate Portal space: using their stock, buy
Autonomy, Engenia, Portal Software, InfoImage, Nextpage, PeopleSoft, Plumtree, Sequoia, TopTier,
Viador, 2Bridge, Appsolut, Corechage, Autonomy Inc., Cornus, Eloquent,
Hyperware, NextPage, Semio, Syngergistic, Thoughtstar, and the whole corporate portal keiretsu.
Gawd knows they are cheap enough and it wouldn't cost a lot to get critical mass
in this particular corporate niche.

Second, start buying up all the silly little Web and server hosters, ESPs, TSPs, ASPs. , PSINet,
US Internetworking, CMeRun, TopLayer, Upshot.com, Resilience, Solect, AboveNet, V2Commerce,
AboveNet, Applicast, ArtistaSoft, bCandid, BrightStar, Candle Corporation, Citirx, Conxion,
Cyrus, eGaiin, FutureLink, HurlNet, Enron, Interliant, Newbridge, NaviSite, Packeteer, Progress,
Panoptic, Resilience, Unisphere, etc.

Third, start buying up all the e-commerce companies, everything from peapod.com and homegrocer.com,
to Sterling Commerce, BEA Systems, Ariba, Digital River,Vitria, Open Market, VerticalNet,
Calico, Selectica, Clarify, CommerceOne, etc.

Fourth, maybe people start realizing that you can't just pull money out of the air,
but by then you'll have cornered the whole e-commerce space just in time for the
The Great Reckoning [1] and Blood in the Streets [2].

Greg

Hell, putting $2k into PRSF and USIX alone might get you a college education.

[1] The Great Reckoning: Protect Yourself in the Coming Depression
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671885286/forkrecommendedrA/
[2] Blood in the Streets : Investment Profits in a World Gone Mad
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446353167/forkrecommendedrA/