Cell Phones are too Advanced

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. (reagle@w3.org)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 06:31:43 PST

Jon Johansen (the 16 year old Norwegian busted for writing a DVD driver for
linux) on why the police confiscated his cell phone:

        I asked them why, and they said that they considered it to be so
        advanced that they had to take it in, because it was a Nokia 91-10.
        And I did have, in fact, a backup of the source on it.

http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/01/31/johansen.interview.idg/index.htm

Joseph Reagle Jr.
Policy Analyst mailto:reagle@w3.org
XML-Signature Co-Chair http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/