The Fed

From: Mark Baker (mark.baker@Canada.Sun.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 11:53:08 PST

So I've been doing some reading about the U.S. Banking system,
particularly the Fed. My Dad sent me the book, "The Creature
from Jekyll Island"[1]. It's interesting reading, and I haven't
read anything yet that is clearly untrue based on my novice
understanding of how money works. But the guy clearly holds way
too much of a grudge to be very trustworthy, and this is my first
real look at this topic in any depth.

Has anybody read this book who does know how this all works?
Any recommendations for a less biased opinion of the need for
central banking?

 [1]
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0912986212/o/qid=948138352/sr=2-1/forkrecommendedrA/

MB