Re: Happy New Year

From: David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 09:49:30 PST

At 06:06 PM 1/3/00 +0100, Robert Harley wrote:

>PS: For a good laugh, go back and read old Y2K hype. Less amusing is
> how they regularly poke fun at those who said there was little to
> worry about.

If you want something more fun, check out the post Y2K messages on
alt.conspiracy, they range from "I guess I got suckered" to "there is a
vast conspiracy among the all the programmers and them other shifty
technical people, we should have a government investigation". Plus lots
of people taunting the apocalypse now crowd. Which makes me wonder, if the
world is ending as per 2nd coming, revelations and all that, what good are
a generator and freeze dried hot dogs going to do you anyway?

Dave "Fear leads to ignorance, ignorance leads to buying MRE's" Crook

---
David Crook - davec@commwerks.com
CommWerks - Industrial Strength Internet Solutions