NYR: 4K, the new 'Net Scandal' for 2000

From: Rohit Khare (rohit@munchkin.ICS.UCI.EDU)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2000 - 00:31:47 PST

Well, it's 2000 now, and it's time to look back over the resolution log.

> James Fallows writes, "Tim Berners-Lee did not get rich. The person
> whose individual contribution mattered most in preparing for the Net
> boom, the man who gave us "URL," "HTTP," "HTML" and "www" worked for a
> nonprofit group when designing the Web and has not set up
> Berners-Lee.com since then.

The only real lesson a degree in Economics ever teaches you is that
reward follows risk. So as dearly as I respect Tim, I would also
respectfully note that my dreams -- our dreams, together with Adam --
include a healthy dose of risk, too. After all, letting it all hang
out is the surest way to not go through life thinking our ideas suck.

Adam and I have resolved that 4K *will* take those risks this year.

So to all -- Happy New Year!

And Watch This Space...

Love,
Rohit Khare

---
"A .com business plan today is as common as a screenplay in Hollywood:
no underemployed service industry slacker should leave home withot..."