Re: Rumor vs. Fact about Apple

Wendy Mattson (wendy@posh.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:41:50 -0800

Rohit Khare wrote:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/9902/disney-to-buy-apple.shtml

> Rumor: Disney to buy Pixar, Apple? Jobs still CEO?
> By AppleInsider Staff (AppleInsider@AppleInsider.com)
> February 16, 1999

read in part:

> With the Disney shareholder meeting quickly approaching (next week,
> February 23rd), Apple's somewhat low-key (and premature), release of
> its highly touted Java Virtual Machine, MRJ 2.1, and Jobs's expected
> keynote at Macworld Expo Tokyo '99 on Wednesday night (Eastern
> Standard Time), we expect details on the emerging deal--confirmation
> or otherwise-- to surface very quickly.

AppleInsider is a *rumor* site.

The first full report -- with facts -- on the keynote Steve Jobs gave at
Macworld Expo Tokyo '99 is on the MacWEEK site at:
http://macweek.zdnet.com/1999/02/14/keynote.html.

We had the full article up by ~21:00 PST. :)

Additional information is shown in Apple's press releases from the Expo,
linked from: http://www.apple.com/pr/.

Wendy J. Mattson
Staff Writer, MacWEEK Online
[http://macweek.zdnet.com/]