Re: Adam Rifkin Egosurfing on a Friday night.

Lloyd Wood (L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:35:44 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, I Find Karma wrote:

> So to appease the Adam Rifkin in me, I decided
> to hop over to Altavista and do a little egosurfing with the query
>
> +"Adam Rifkin" -host:xent.ics.uci.edu -host:caltech.edu

substitute 'site:' for 'host:' for databases powered by infoseek's
engine, or just use 'url:' on both engines instead.

(hotbot's interface could be considerably improved in this respect;
search engine query interface languages are quite primitive.)

[This tip comes to you courtesy of the research behind spacesearch:

http://ithilien.ee.surrey.ac.uk/fork.html ]

> and I got back 776 hits of one of us Adam Rifkins that neither appears
> on XeNT or at Caltech. I list some of them below.

bt,dt.

I never get asked if I'm any of them, so it's quite safe to assume
that they must get asked if they're me.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/index/notme.html

L.

http://www.clis.com/wallycourie/min/ad/042897~1.html is the high point.