Old Friends and New: Welcomes all around.

Rohit Khare (rohit@bordeaux.ICS.uci.edu)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 03:12:50 -0800

The past exists to mock me, eh? Welcome to Ian, who I have to admit, I
almost lost track. After the horror of realizing that unnamed software
developers cite FoRK as positive news, the flood of NII Summer
Institute memories rushed back. I don't think I slept that entire
week. It was a fun and intense review of the frontiers, with much
schmoozing by all. That's where I first met Phil Agre, whose class I'm
in this term, and Stuart Haber, one of the principals at Surety
(timestamping). Unfortunately all of my notes were stored as digital
ink on an NCR3125 notepad whose boot disk died last year. Sigh.

Anyhow, glad to see you again, Ian! (but please don't release your
80's archive site upon the world!)

Second, welcome to Newton Lee, Disney Online. We found him surfing for
Alan Kay. He's so cool, he *already* had lunch with Alan:

http://www.creativehollywood.com/newton/AlanKay.html

Newton, there's a few folks from commwerks here, who have been known to work
with another tentacle, Disney Channel online. And we're all waiting to hear
about your next "Rendezvous with Amazing Women of the Web" :-)

Rohit