FoRK Amazon fund up to $86.

I Find Karma (adam@cs.caltech.edu)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:10:02 -0800

Wow, the FoRK Amazon fund from proceeds of

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~adam/local/fork-books.html

keeps growing. With the $55 we made last quarter, and the $31 below,
we're rapidly approaching the $100 mark. Clearly this is more money
than should be squandered on the Timothy Byars Retirement Fund
[ESPECIALLY since he has foresaken us by unsubbing the list -- and if he
joins now, he goes to the "back of the line" as joebar has said].

Rohit, we've sold quite a few XML books for Amazon -- 2 of the W3J
books and five of the Richard Light books. Wow.

I'm still debating whether to add a music section to

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~adam/local/fork-books.html

Would anyone really consider purchasing CDs from Amazon? Hmmm.
Oh, and as always, I'll put anyone's book recommendations into

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~adam/local/fork-books.html

so if you don't see something you like in there, tell me. Heck, joebar
has his own section in there -- and all those NT file system books mean
green to us! I myself am still waiting for Amazon to find me a copy of
the Lexicon of Intentionally Ambiguous Grammar:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0881661112/forkrecommendedrA/

Anyway, the weekly associates report:
> From associates@amazon.com Wed Feb 18 11:34:54 1998
> To: adam@cs.caltech.edu
> Subject: Amazon.com Associates - weekly activity report
>
> Weekly Activity Report for forkrecommendedr
>
> Last Week's Sales Results
> Note: This report includes a column labeled "ORDERED", which is
> the weekly number of copies for which orders have been placed through
> your special links. Only after these orders are paid for and shipped
> will they actually count toward your referral fee. Some of these orders
> may later be cancelled, customers' credit cards may be declined and
> occasional returns should be expected; in any of these cases, the
> referral fee will not be earned.
>
> The column labeled "HITS" represents the number of times one of your
> visitors clicked on a book (this column can help you gauge your
> visitors' interest in the books you are selling).
>
> The column labeled "REFERRAL FEE" represents the referral fees your site
> has earned on orders. Please remember that we pay you based on orders
> *shipped*, so your actual Referral Fee may be somewhat lower than the
> fee stated here.
>
> Look for special notices in the titles listed below. They can help
> you understand which referral fee rate applied to the order or
> identify certain problems with the link format you may be using.
>
> **1** indicates that this item is currently being featured at a discount
> of over 30%.
>
> **2** indicates that this item is special order or carries no discount
>
> Other notes may indicate problems with a link format or items no longer
> carried in our catalog.
>
> Weekly sales report: 08-Feb-98 through 14-Feb-98
>
> Quarter-to-date Books Ordered: 9
> Quarter-to-date Qualified Book Revenue: 205.37
> Quarter-to-date Referral Fees: 30.81
>
> Click-throughs and sales by individual book
> For the week of 08-Feb-98 through 14-Feb-98
> Store ID forkrecommendedr
>
> YOUR
> ISBN HITS ORDERED FEE TITLE
> ------------ ---- ------- ------ ---------------------------------------
> 0079137024 6 0 0.00 Xml Complete (McGraw-Hill Complete Seri
> 0138582262 2 0 0.00 **2** Illustrated Guide to Http
> 0201409496 1 0 0.00 The Microsoft Way : The Real Story of H
> 0201600196 1 0 0.00 Bugs in Writing : A Guide to Debugging
> 0316360074 2 0 0.00 Joystick Nation : How Videogames Ate Ou
> 0465081797 1 0 0.00 **2** Sperm Wars; The Science of Sex
> 0471306363 1 0 0.00 Dynamics in Document Design : Creating
> 0517542099 1 0 0.00 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
> 051770739X 1 0 0.00 Downsize This!
> 0914232894 3 0 0.00 **2** The Heat Death of the Universe an
> 1558601902 4 0 0.00 **2** Transaction Processing : Concepts
> 1565656296 3 0 0.00 Conversationally Speaking : Tested New
> 1565922492 2 0 0.00 Windows Nt File System Internals : A De
> 1565922514 2 0 0.00 Windows Nt in a Nutshell : A Desktop Qu
> 1565923499 2 0 0.00 Xml : Principles, Tools, and Techniques
> 1575213346 7 2 6.00 Presenting Xml
> [...]

----
adam@cs.caltech.edu

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull rank on you. I'm with the mattress
police. There are no tags on this mattress.
-- Fletch