RE: The true anti-joebar has been identified.

Joe Barrera (joebar@MICROSOFT.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:07:16 -0800

Yes, actually I was familiar with that "Joe Bar" ... in fact a Belgian
friend (Dan Julin, of Mach and then ISIS) showed it to me and translated
it... But the "Joe Bar Team" doesn't refer to a particular person - hey, if
fictitious bikers want to name their team after me, who am I to argue?

- Joe

P.S. Do you want to provide a translation for the .gif? I'd be embarrassed
to try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [SMTP:veillard@rufus.w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 1998 4:50 PM
To: Joe Barrera
Cc: Fork
Subject: Re: The true anti-joebar has been identified.

> > Joe Barr, the self-proclaimed "dweeb" whose anti-Wintel Web site

> > has developed a cultlike following, is taking the bold step of
barring
> > access to his site by IE 4.x browsers. Who needs the government
> > when we have revolutionaries like Papa Joe? You go, Boy!
>
> Indeed. For that matter, who needs the police when you have lynch
mobs?

> - joebar (there can only be one!)

There is also the "Joe Bar Team" a French comic about (french)
bikers
who meet at the "Joe Bar" (a Cafe !). To get an idea:

http://indy2.imt-mrs.fr/vincent/images/50.gif

http://indy2.imt-mrs.fr/vincent/JBT.html (French)
http://wwwserv.caiw.nl/~mpeters/ (English/Dutch)
http://home.inm.ch/joebar/ (German)