Metabolites of Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream! Vegetarian evicted!

Steve Nordquist (signa@tfs.net)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 02:01:57 -0600

Mark Baker wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:
> > The thing I can't figure, and it is similar to Clinton, is yes, people smoke
> > pot and have extra-marital blow-jobs, but try to be discrete at least! I
> > mean, if you know you are being tested, I'm sure he could lay off it for a
> > month or so before the contest.
>
> Apparently, if you believe him, he hadn't smoked it since last April.

Absolutely. Listen to the people who work with HPLC and sometimes test drugsfor
police (meth labs, etc. not having any kind of time for ISO-9000 to take on
meaning as far as quantity of desired product) and you'll hear for what they test.

Often enough, a little pH magic can be the trick a .5ppm smart dealer will use to
be free...so police take the crud out of the microwave and one tests for the same
sort of thing that would happen when the human body tried to get rid of the drugs
to avoid being stoned or whatnot.
It turns out that they also test fractions removed from blood testing
machines, which
are on tight schedules and can't spend time detecting minor offenses...but how
long do
fractions of metabolites stick around in a healthy athelete training for the
olympics, larger plaques of resin in the eyes-ears-nose & throat aside? As long
as abspestos and leaky falsies. 3 years would generally get rid of the smaller
particles (again, pathological incidents like silicone in lungs aside.)
Lung fluids testing could have more persistent caches of trace metabolites,
because of the environment for folding in and off of sections of lung.