Fw: Expedia Fare Tracker Update

Rohit Khare (khare@w3.org)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 09:27:50 -0500

This is a tres chic service, the kind of thing I used to compile myself.
Note that it's $10 cheaper to spend a weekend in Paris than in LA... any
cool occasions coming up, Robert?

Travelocity still beats expedia for UI and speed and flexibility, though
(i.e. fewer # of steps to drill down). I can see how Expedia can turn int=
an outsourced corp. travel department, though. It's very slick...

Rohit

PS. Rob: seriously; have a look at the restrictions at the end and tell m=
if you have any ideas. It comes to $288 - (8700 * 3 * $.02) =3D> negative
$234.

----------
> [...]
> Other restrictions may apply. See FOOTNOTES below.
> =09
> 138.00 US Dollars
> From: Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.)
> To: Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare)
> On: Delta Air Lines [6], American Airlines [7,8],=20
> United Airlines [9], Trans World Airlines [10],=20
> Continental [11], America West Airlines [12],=20
> Northwest Airlines [13], US Air [14]
> Rules: Must stay over a Saturday night.
> Stay must not exceed 3 days.
> Other restrictions may apply. See FOOTNOTES below.
> =09
>=20
> 3. 288.00 US Dollars
> From: Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.)
> To: Paris, France (CDG-Charles de Gaulle)
> On: KLM- Royal Dutch Airlines [15], Northwest Airlines [16],=20
> United Airlines [17]
> Rules: Stay must not exceed 4 days.
> Other restrictions may apply. See FOOTNOTES below.
> =09
> 289.00 US Dollars
> From: Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.)
> To: Paris, France (CDG-Charles de Gaulle)
> On: Sabena Belgian World Airlines [18], US Air [19],=20
> American Airlines [20], Continental [21],=20
> Trans World Airlines [22], Delta Air Lines [23]
> Rules: Stay must not exceed 4 days.
> Other restrictions may apply. See FOOTNOTES below.
> =09
>=20
>=20
> *******************
> IMPORTANT: All fares are for one adult, flying round-trip
> between the selected airports. Prices DO NOT INCLUDE taxes
> or fees (taxes and fees to international destinations may
> be higher). Seats are subject to availability and other
> restrictions may apply.
>=20
> Fare Tracker is just one of the great services available now
> from Microsoft Expedia. With a click of your mouse, you can:
>=20
> * Reserve and purchase airline tickets
> * Reserve hotel rooms
> * Reserve rental cars
> * Research over 300 destinations in the Expedia World Guide
> * Chart your course with over 200 city maps
> * Check out the world of adventure in the Mungo Park online magazine
> * Catch up on the latest travel news, weather and more
>=20
> We look forward to providing you with the best way to make
> travel arrangements that meet your budget and personal preferences.
> Expedia is on the job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
>=20
> Expedia Travel Services
> Start your travel here.
> http://expedia.msn.com/
> *******************
>=20
> FOOTNOTES
>=20
> To view important details on these fares, visit the
> Expedia pages noted below. Simply click on a link,
> or copy and paste the full internet address into your browser.
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DLAX=
&carr=3DUS+
&fbcx=3DKE3WK5SN
> [2] United Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DLAX=
&carr=3DUA+
&fbcx=3DVE3WKNB
> [3] American Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DLAX=
&carr=3DAA+
&fbcx=3DMRT3BRKN
> [4] Continental:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DLAX=
&carr=3DCO+
&fbcx=3DVRT3BRIP
>=20
> >From Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.) to Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare):
> [5] US Air:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DUS+
&fbcx=3DVE3OWKSN
> [6] Delta Air Lines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DDL+
&fbcx=3DLOR3WKDN
> [7] American Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DAA+
&fbcx=3DMO3BRKNR
> [8] American Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DAA+
&fbcx=3DMOR3BRKN
> [9] United Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DUA+
&fbcx=3DVOE3WKNB
> [10] Trans World Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DTW+
&fbcx=3DHOR3BRKN
> [11] Continental:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DCO+
&fbcx=3DQRO3BKIP
> [12] America West Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DHP+
&fbcx=3DKOR3WKN
> [13] Northwest Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DNW+
&fbcx=3DQO3WKNR
> [14] US Air:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DORD=
&carr=3DUS+
&fbcx=3DVE3OWKSN
>=20
> >From Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.) to Paris, France (CDG-Charles de
Gaulle):
> [15] KLM- Royal Dutch Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DKL+
&fbcx=3DVNRWKND
> [16] Northwest Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DNW+
&fbcx=3DVNRWKND
> [17] United Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DUA+
&fbcx=3DVSALE
> [18] Sabena Belgian World Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DSN+
&fbcx=3DTEUWE
> [19] US Air:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DUS+
&fbcx=3DKWKEND
> [20] American Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DAA+
&fbcx=3DMBRKINTL
> [21] Continental:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DCO+
&fbcx=3DQLWKND4E
> [22] Trans World Airlines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DTW+
&fbcx=3DVSALE
> [23] Delta Air Lines:
http://expedia.msn.com/pub/farerule.dll?qscr=3Duser&from=3DBOS&toxx=3DCDG=
&carr=3DDL+
&fbcx=3DLWKND

<Picture: Fare Tracker><Picture: Earth's biggest bookstore!=20
Amazon.com><Picture: FareLogo>

Fare Rules

These are the fare rules associated with your selected Fare Tracker fligh=
t.

OriginBoston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.)DestinationParis, France (CDG-Charles d=
Gaulle)Airline<Picture: United Airlines>Fare Basis CodeVSALE=A0Rules for =
this
fare (published by the airline):

BOSPAR-UA 6NOV96 *RULE DISPLAY* TARIFF 061 RULE 3450
* ADD APPLICABLE TAX * FED INSP FEES *
-FARE BASIS USD NUC PTC FT GI
VSALE R 288.00 288.00 ADT EX AT
VSALE/IN90 R 29.00 28.80 INF EX AT
BOOKING CODES V
FIRST TRAVEL - 5OCT96 LAST TRAVEL -11MAR97
LAST TICKETING -11MAR97
SEASONS - 24OCT96-11DEC96 09JAN97-11MAR97
DEPARTURE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR
PENALTIES - CANCEL-NON REF BEFORE/AFTER DEPART
INBOUND CHANGE-150.00 USD
VIA THE SERVICES OF UA ONLY.
FOR ALL CONDITIONS SEE TEXT RULE
DAY/TIME - FROM THE UNITED STATES THU/FRI ALL DAY
TO THE UNITED STATES MON/TUE ALL DAY
DEPARTURE EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR
ADV RES/TKT - RES REQ 3 DAYS BEFORE DEPART
TKTG WITHIN 24 HOURS
AFTER RESERVATIONS OR AT LEAST 3 DAYS
BEFORE DEPART WHICHEVER IS EARLIER
ALL SEGMENTS MUST BE CONFIRMED
FURTHER RESTR APPLY SEE TEXT RULE
MIN STAY - NO RESTRICTION
MAX STAY - 4 DAYS BEFORE MIDNIGHT AFTER
DEPARTURE FROM ORIGIN
BLACKOUTS - NO RESTRICTION
SURCHARGES - 5.00 USD SECURITY PER DIRECTION
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR
STOPOVERS - NOT PERMITTED DEPARTURE FROM ORIGIN
TRANSFERS - NO RESTRICTION
FLT APPLIC - ANY UA FLIGHT
CHILD DISC - 1ST INF UNDER 2 YRS 90 PCT NO SEAT
OTHER DISC - NONE
COMBINABLTY - SEE TEXT RULE
ELIGIBILITY - NO RESTRICTION
ACCOM PSGR - NO RESTRICTION
TVL RESTR - OUTBOUND MUST BEGIN ON/BEFORE 11MAR 97
SALES RESTR - TKT BY PTA PTA-TKT PERMITTED
TKT ENDORSE - ORIGINAL TKT -
NONREF/NONTRANS/UA ONLY MUST APPEAR IN
ENDORSEMENT BOX
REISSUED TKT - NONREF/NONTRANS/APEX
MUST APPEAR IN ENDORSEMENT BOX
FURTHER RESTR APPLY SEE TEXT RULE
APPLICATION - SEE TEXT RULE
MPM - AT 4184 VIA NORTH ATLANTIC
INDUSTRY FARE TYPE - XPB - SUPER/SPECIAL INSTANT PURCHASE
PFCS MAY VARY BY RTG
ROUTING 300 FROM BOS-TW-
OR FROM BOS-UA-
TO NYC/EWR-UA-WAS-UA-PAR*
OR TO WAS-UA-NYC/EWR-UA-PAR*
=20

=A0Click Continue to create a new itinerary for this trip and begin searc=
hing
for a flight with the Flight Wizard.=A0<Picture: Continue><Picture: Back =
Travel Agent>=A0<Picture: Microsoft Expedia>