Fw: Nokia JEPI presentation

Rohit Khare (khare@w3.org)
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:51:47 -0700

I'm beginning to see the appeal of a corporate jet. It's impossible for any
price to fly a scheduled airline from the East Coast Sunday to Helsinki by
Monday morning. Everyone and their brother has overnights to Europe, then
connections the next morning -- late next morning (9-10 AM, 3-4 hr flight).
Even the 'day' flights Sunday arrive too late to catch the redeyes to
Helsinki.

I'm beginning to see how easy it was for a certain CERN official (not Tim,
for the record) to schedule an award in Pittsburgh and a board meeting in
Europe so he *had* to take the Concorde. When even the national flag
carrier only has one US flight on a Sunday, you're up a creek.
(Miami-Helsinki, for wintering Finns).

Rohit