Re: The Onion on Lava Lamps

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 15:08:20 PST

On Wednesday 14 February 2001 17:45, Jeff Bone wrote:
> then one has an infinite, renewable one time pad. You solve the one time

That reminds me of the old analog voice-encryption hack of modulating the
signal using another audio signal, usually derived from a radio station. At
the far end, all they have to do is have a schedule of what radio station
(which could even be world-wide shortwave) when. The agreed radio stations
act as that same infinitely-long one-time pad, but, obviously this scheme is
pretty insecure. I like the elegance, though.

Eirikur