Re: "older than dirt"

From: kragen@pobox.com
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 08:43:14 PST

[re-sent because kragen.dnaco.net was down]

Strata Rose Chalup <strata@virtual.net> writes:
> > How many do you remember? Start counting:

Here are the ones I remember:

The last time I saw a candy cigarette was probably in the 1980s.

The last time I bought a bottle of coke from a vending machine was in
a dentist's office in Albuquerque in the 1990s. I assume it's still
there.

There are two restaurants with tableside juke boxes within easy
walking distance of my house in San Francisco.

Blackjack I last chewed in 1993 or so, I think.

I grew up playing 45 RPM records on my record player; I remember doing
it frequently in 1986 and 1987.

My friend Dallas in Dayton has several of these. FWIW, record players
keep getting better . . .

I declined to buy metal ice cube trays, with levers, in Aberdeen,
South Dakota, in 1995, at several garage sales.

We used to use these (magnesium-oxygen flash bulbs, right?) for family
pictures in the 1980s.

I bought one of these in Albuquerque around 1992.

There are two operating drive-in movie theaters in Dayton, IIRC.

People get older young these days, it seems. I remembered 10, and I
was born in 1976.