Re: fleet week: just-in-time nuclear electricity?

From: Brian A. LaMacchia (bal@farcaster.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 17:00:42 PST

Apparently it's harder to wire the ships into the grid than you'd think; see
Peter Gutmann's description of some of the things the Aucklanders tried
during their long blackout in '98:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/misc/mercury.txt

(Paragraph 5 under "Generators and Disaster Plans" in particular...)

                    --bal